I was blessed to have 10 days in early February at a yoga retreat on beautiful Paradise Island in the Bahamas to renew and refresh. 2012 marked my 30th year in business, and I saw these 10 days as a gift to myself. Those 10 days were also a gift to me by the incredible team at Mackey Advisors. They handled everything with grace and ease in my absence.
I kept a journal of my inner process and on the last day, summarized my take-aways.
Here they are in no particular order:
- Without considering my wants and needs, I usually follow the rules
- I take life way to seriously
- My inner critical voice is way to busy inside my head
- Being with someone I like, love and enjoy is more important to me than where I am
- Beauty feeds me
- When my body is strong, I am happier
- Peace is an inside job
- The “bad” things that happened to me in the past were building blocks of my character and wisdom, anytime I chose they can be blessings
- Observation is a valuable and often overlooked talent
- Shame and regret are useless energy
- I love my journal
I also made a few commitments to myself:
- It’s all about balance, and I am going to purposefully balance my life each week.
- Positivity is my new practice
- To slow down and make clear and conscious choices in all areas of my life
- To love myself as much as I love others
- To live in joy
My hope is by sharing this list; you may find a piece of yourself that needs renewal and attention and in so doing you find more love and peace.
May prosperity be yours