We’ve been working with growing businesses for over 30 years. We have tons of incredible success stories we’d love to share with you. It was hard to choose just three for the website! Each of the businesses profiled here is a participant in our
Prosper For Business™ program.
Dan Glier — Glier’s Goetta
In the city of Cincinnati and the greater metropolitan area, Glier’s Goetta is a household name. We’re proud to have him and his legacy of a business as a client of MACKEY™. Take a moment to listen to what he has to say after working with us after these years.
Full Throttle Indoor Karting
In the first 18 months that the Full Throttle Indoor Karting team has been working with MACKEY, they have experienced exceptional growth while increasing earnings and adding new attractions & locations..
Annual sales increased by 20%
Annual net income grew by 784%
Equity increased by 101%
Average project revenue increased 194%
The Challenge | Aaron always had big growth goals for the business. From co-founding the business in 2011 to expanding the track in 2015 to acquiring an additional location in 2017, growth was always a major focus. The challenge was to measure the success of each new growth idea & it’s impact on revenue, profit & cash flow.
The Solution | The Full Throttle team partnered with MACKEY to:
• Build financial trend reports & scorecards to monitor the business through monthly CFO meetings.
• Develop a clear plan for growth and accountability systems for the leadership team to achieve that plan.
• Analyze & evaluate numerous strategic decision points including growth strategies, new locations and new attractions.
• Leverage cash flow more effectively
About | Full Throttle Indoor Karting offers a fun & competitive place to race and throw axes. From individuals to large group events, Full Throttle is dedicated to exceptional customer service while providing a high energy experience at their Springdale, OH & Florence, KY locations.
“Five years before starting Prosper for Business, we said no, I wished we’d said yes. I’ve never walked away without value. Our service team at MACKEY is incredibly supportive and at the same time has never shied away from challenging us. – Aaron Banfield, Owner
Furlong Building Enterprises
In the first year and a half that the Furlong Building Enterprise’s team has been working with MACKEY, they have continued their exceptional growth while increasing earnings and finding a better work life balance.
Annual sales increased by 80%
Annual net income grew by more than 1000%
Return to Owner increased by 2200%
Equity increased 300%
The Challenge | When Furlong partners Jude Hehman and Pete Nicolau founded their design-build construction business, they became an immediate success. With a foundation rooted in an open, transparent process of estimating and construction delivery, Furlong was growing by leaps and bounds. With their explosive growth, the partners quickly realized they needed a better handle on their company’s financial performance and bottom line.
The Solution | The Furlong team partnered with MACKEY to:
• Build their internal financial expertise
• Create a comprehensive tax strategy
• Reorganize financial statements for increased clarity
• Build financial trend reports to monitor the business through monthly CFO meetings
• Analyze and evaluate numerous decision points from employee benefits to office space options
About | Furlong offers design-build construction and maintenance services for commercial, industrial, and retail construction projects. With every project they are building their reputation and a relationship for the future.
“The decision to work with MACKEY was a lifechanger. They truly care about our success and give us the tools to do so.”
– Jude Hehman, President
Holthaus Lackner Signs
The Holthaus Lackner Signs’ and the MACKEY team worked together to create a more focused and accountable company.
Annual sales increased by 192%
Return to Owner improved by 974%
Annual net income increase by 209%
Working capital increased by 690%
The Challenge | The Holthaus team had a lot of great financial data, but didn’t have good systems in place for using that data effectively to make good business decisions.
The Solution | The MACKEY team worked with the amazing team at Holthaus Lackner Signs to:
• Help build easy-to-understand financial tools and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
• Develop accountability systems for the entire company and kept the leadership team accountable to the overall business goals
• Educate both generations and create a communication system around financial information
About | Holthaus Lackner Signs is a 3rd, soon to be 4th, generation manufacturing company that delivers personalized identification for companies and people. They lead the industry in signage solutions in the Cincinnati region, some of their customers include the Cincinnati Reds, Crossroads Church, The University of Cincinnati & TriHealth.
“By adding CFO level expertise, taking a larger view, and building better decision making systems, Mackey & her team helped us make more informed decisions that brought about confident action.”
– Kevin Holthaus, CEO
The Bauke Group
In a single year, working with the MACKEY team, Julie Bauke created a financial system that allowed her to begin growing the business she’s been striving for years to build.
Annual sales increased by 72%
Gross Profit rose by 217%
Net income increased by 450%
Business Debt dropped by 70%
The Challenge | Julie was putting in a lot of hours, doing great work for her clients, but the rewards were just not there. She was unclear about her financial measures and benchmarks. She needed a partner who could help build a financial system that would align her business decisions with her vision for the company.
The Solution | Together Julie and the MACKEY team:
• Determined what actions would really drive Julie’s goals for her business.
• Set up a financial reporting system that monitored the direction of the business through monthly CFO financial reviews.
• Developed proper categorizations for her financial information and asked her the tough questions to help ensure important business decisions were in line with Julie’s goals for the business.
About | Julie Bauke is Chief Career Happiness Officer and owner of The Bauke Group, one of the most exciting career coaching businesses in the Midwest. She’s the Careers and Jobs Expert on Cincinnati’s Fox 19 and the host of “Get Career Happy with Julie Bauke” on 700WLW.
“By truly getting to know me, Mackey and her team were able to guide me through a different approach to my finances that is making my business more successful.” – Julie Bauke
*These results are from businesses working with MACKEY™ and The Prosperity Experience® for Business