Everyone wants to grow their business to its highest potential, but the thought of putting more energy into it might appear to be exhausting. What if I told you that there are ways to grow while using less energy? Sounds appealing, right? Below are three strategies to leverage your business and to grow your top line:
- Focus on what matters. Studies have shown that we only spend about 30% of our time on the tasks that are critical to creating value in our business. Ask yourself what are your critical tasks. For the less important tasks you should consider eliminating, delegating, outsourcing, or automating them. People have seen 30% increase to 50%-60%.
- Leverage sales channels. Look at your network and see who already has relationships with the businesses and industries you want to target. Educate these contacts and encourage them to promote you within their networks. This will give you time to do what you do best. Many years ago, I was looking to grow work that I was doing with homeowner associations. I found that building relationships with property managers, I could get in front of a lot of homeowner associations that needed the services I was providing. Instead of marketing to each homeowner association, I only had to market to property managers.
- Leverage partners in all key processes. All businesses have four key processes:
- develop products and services
- generate demand
- fulfill demand
- plan and manage the enterprise
As much as we want to believe it, we do not have the time or expertise to successfully perform all four processes. Look for strategic partners or team members to perform the tasks that do not have you creating value in your business or are your areas of weakness.
These three strategies do require you to work with partners and to “share the wealth.” But by focusing on what matters most and leveraging your partners for everything else, your top line should grow exponentially, with very little effort or investment.