reposted from DivaCFO
October 10, 2012
We met JJ Ramberg, host of MSNBC’s Your Business, a television show dedicated to issues affecting small business owners, at a conference back in July. To make our Diva Entrepreneur Series extra special, we asked JJ to come up with five questions she would ask you if you were on her show.
1. What does (your company) do and why did you start it?
Mackey Advisors is a wealth advocacy firm serving individuals and business owners. I started it because I am passionate about people, prosperity and the planet.
2. Like all women business owners, you seem to be doing a lot all at once, how do you handle it?
1) I take time for self-care by putting it on the calendar (For example, I have a regular massage)
2) I delegate specific responsibilities to my trusted team of employees. And, at home on the farm, my husband and I share in the workload
3) I take time to figure out what is important and what I am passionate about. I stop investing time and energy into things that don’t matter to me.
3. What advice would you give other women who want to start their own business?
Be very clear about your intention for your business, seek out a mentor(s), and don’t listen to naysayers.
4. What was your biggest struggle/setback and how did you overcome it?
Not effectively using a strategic planning process – failure is a great teacher and if you are like me and determined to succeed, you pick yourself up and begin again, more intelligently!
We are an emerging leader in wealth advocacy – follow us, and you will be glad you did.